Filing a Complaint
The City of Edmonton is adopting the Government of Alberta’s Restriction Exemption Program. Beginning September 20, everyone visiting a City building or facility will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or recent negative test result. More information is available at Edmonton.ca/COVID-19.
Masks and face coverings are also required indoors at all City facilities. More information is available at Edmonton.ca/masks.
An assessed person, taxpayer or authorized agent may file an assessment complaint.
April 20, 2021 is the last date to file a complaint on most 2021 property assessment notices.
- If you file online, you must submit your form and fee by 11:59pm on the complaint deadline date
- If you file by mail or in person, you must submit your complaint form and fee by 4pm on the deadline date (please see notice above regarding COVID-19 and filing in person complaints)
(If you cannot open this form, try this printable version Printable Complaint Form)
Complaints filed late or without the required fee are invalid. The Board must dismiss these complaints.
Before you File
You may not need to file a complaint if you speak to a City assessor first. The assessor can explain your assessment and correct any errors. If the assessor finds your assessment is not accurate, they can issue a new assessment.
How to File
- Online at https://arb.edmonton.ca/. Filing online will allow you to:
- File and pay for your complaint
- Submit documents on-line
- Track the status of your complaint
- Request a postponement or withdrawal on-line
- In person or by mail. Complete the complaint form or contact the Assessment Review Board Office for a paper copy. If filing by mail, please allow time for delivery. (please see notice above regarding COVID-19 and filing in person complaints)
Your assessment notice indicates your filing fee. This fee will be refunded if a change is made to your assessment by either the City assessor or the Board.
|Residential 3 or fewer dwellings||$50|
|Residential 4 or more dwellings||$650|
- Online: Credit card, debit
- In person: Credit card, debit card, cash or cheque
- By mail: Cheques only (make your cheque payable to the City of Edmonton)
For More Information
Assessment Review Board
Assessment Review Board
Main Floor, Churchill Building
10019 - 103 Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J 0G9
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8:30am-noon and 1pm-4pm
Please note the office will be closed over the lunch hour.